Achieving Safety Excellence
Safety is uncompromising, ever-evolving and woven into our culture. We are committed to providing the safest work environment possible and our goal is to achieve incident-free operations. NO accident or injury is considered acceptable regardless of how insignificant it may seem.
By nurturing a positive safety culture with open communication, employee empowerment and ownership, and proactive safety management, PTW has achieved a high level of safety and health performance.
- Consistently achieves better-than-industry average TRIR
- “A” safety rating average (ISNetworld)
- Golden Shovel Standard Certification
Our management team is passionately committed to directly influencing the success of our Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Program. We manage safety and health like all our organizational priorities – integrating it into everything we do and becoming personally involved and accountable for the safety and health of each and every employee.
Our top priority is maintaining a positive, safe and healthy workplace for all of our employees. We continuously train our employees on our safety and health work practices and hold each other accountable for being safety leaders in everything we do. This empowers employees to continuously maintain our high safety standards and exceed our clients’ expectations.
Our Quality Approach
- Ensuring all work is carried out as per the approved client standards and drawings
- Making sure all work is carried out as per the applicable codes and standards set by the regulating bodies
- Ensuring all equipment and materials are calibrated and inspected prior to being put into service
- Overseeing and inspecting the repairs and installations completed during daily maintenance work
- Improving our quality management policies and processes to meet the evolving needs of the markets we serve
Key HSE Components
We realize that our employees are paramount to our success and hire those that align with our values – Care, Excellence and Passion – and HSE Standards.
Fully Integrated HSE Management System:
eCompliance is our fully automated and integrated HSE Management System which enables:
- Real-time reporting
- Serious Incident Review monitoring
- Instant KPI analysis
- Employee competency assessment and training
- Corrective actions to be identified and assigned to the responsible parties for completion
This system is heavily focused on continuous improvement through leading indicators and fosters a reporting culture that supports the safest working environments.
Training and Education:
Training is an essential element to ensuring a safe work environment for both our employees and clients. By providing the necessary information, instruction, training and supervision at all levels, our employees are highly competent to undertake their work activities and identify any related hazards and the measures needed to protect against them.
Open Communication and Employee Empowerment:
Our safety program is a bottom-up, top-down program. Employees in the field take ownership of program design and implementation, while management monitors and endorses safety performance and successes. Communication is open and bi-directional.
We continuously improve our HSE Management System through a systematic performance review based on:
- Data monitoring from leading indicators and lessons learned
- Conducting workplace audits and inspections
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Behavior-based safety observations
- Root cause analysis approach to incident investigations
Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace:
We are enrolled in the DISA Global Solutions drug and alcohol testing program.