180 MW Wind Energy Project
Tumbler Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
PTW completed the electrical installation for a wind farm in northern British Columbia that generates 180 MW of clean energy to homes in the region.
Our crews required specialized training including 3M, Thomas and Betts, Tower Rescue and environmental coaching to ensure safe and seamless project execution despite extreme weather conditions. Performing to the exact manufacturer specifications was vital as GE’s 3.2 wind turbine generators are one of the newest and most complex designs. To meet the client’s stringent deadline, PTW executed two towers per week and maintained the client’s production expectations.
PTW’s scope included:
- Electrical tower installation of 61 turbines – tower wiring, terminations, splicing and testing
- Electrical collector system – connection of 35 kV collection cable into WTG switchgear
- Fiber optics – routing, terminations, splices and testing
- High voltage – terminations and testing
- Completion of manufacturer’s QA/QC documentation